"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."

Saturday, September 12, 2015

The Day The World Stopped Turning.

September 11th 2001

September 11th is one of the most famous days in the history of the United States. From the shores of California to streets of Boston everyone was effected in their own way. Many lives were changed that day to never be the same again. I personally do not have any memories from that specific day. At this point in time I was a first grader attending Elk Ridge Elementary School in Buckley, Washington. I'm not exactly sure why I don't have memories from that specific day. I do know from my brothers accounts that many of the televisions were on in my school for a short period of time so that the teachers could follow the news reports. Friends whom I grew up with mentioned that their school days were cancelled immediately. I do not remember going home early. I do have memories of the following years and the time spent honoring those who died often with a moment of silence during the morning announcements. I find myself in the minority that I don't have memories from that specific day as it seems everyone else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment